Thursday 10 October 2013

a 'cheeky' summer ahead

Each year Perth sees hundreds and thousands of beach goers flocking to the shores of the iconic Cottesloe beach for some summer fun. 

But, whether you've a prepubescent bod or been naturally blessed by the gods, it's a rare sight to see a cheeky cut bather bottom or one that bares ones buns to the world. 

Although a scarce and often frowned upon sight on our Australian sands, if you're found wearing anything more than a g-string in Europe, you're sure to cop a few looks. Big, small, short, tall, an ass that could swallow up a g-string or not, the Europeans appreciate all different sizes and certainly don't mind seeing a bit of skin. 

In the lead up to this years summer, Australia has seen a handful of local brands taking risks in swim apparel that will see a new outlook on swimsuits this season. One of these brands in particular is Eaupaixvie or, for some of us who find confusion in its pronunciation, EPV. 

Its cheeky cut bikini bottoms makes it a stand out in the market and with its vibrant fuchsia colours there's no excuse for grommets shaking their sandy towel out and 'claiming' they didn't see you. With bottoms averaging $55, ranging between S, M & L and stocked in an abundance of eye popping colours; it's no wonder the brand has recently launched sets to its very niche line.

I've always steered clear of skimpy cut bikinis, and to be honest I've never been able to fill triangles, but something clicked when I started packing about 6 months early for my Greek getaway. I suddenly realised that I no longer had to stress about running into anyone I knew, dwell on the decision of going back for spaghetti seconds or worry that I'd ever see those I'd meet ever again. I was a blank canvas, and from a spectators perspective - a confident and daring girl who really couldn't care less of what others thought of her appearance. 

If you're a 6ft model with a 3 inch waistline, I needn't preach to you. But for those with a more natural curve who may be fearful of letting it hang out this summer, I strongly recommend paying Eaupaixvie's website a visit. I am an average 163cm short (tall - wishful thinking) girl and decided to invest in a pair for my european adventure; to prevent the luminosity that forms under my bather bottoms each summer.

Having paraded them around the Greek islands and never feeling so comfortable in my own skin, I have vouched to keep doing so on Australian sand. With many brands following suit we are bound to see a new Australian beach culture arise, visible cheeks to be the new topless tanning perhaps?

There's always going to be someone skinnier, prettier, taller - and majority of the time someone carrying all three traits. But it's time to mimic the europeans approach, regardless of whether it's merely filled with tourists whom lack identity. Because in the wise words of one hit wonder TV Rock just "flaunt it and shake what your mumma gave you". 

Visit http://www.eaupaixvie.com for the full range Eaupaixvie's bottoms and swimwear.


Wearing: Eaupaixvie Milkshake bottoms, Wrangler loose fit top, Seafolly sunhat, Givenchy Embossed Rubber Grommet Sandal, Ray Ban sunglasses, Tiffany & Co. necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment