Monday 29 July 2013

PED

You know PostEuroDepression has kicked in when you find yourself flicking through thumbnails of picturesque Santorini sunsets and stampede's of determined donkeys heading for the hills; all whilst indulging in a tray of Premier cookies falling short of your mouth.

After 4 long years, I finally got to be the one waving my hands back through the departure gate, saluting my onlooking family and the entirety of my Instagram feed. With an inspirational soundtrack to my upcoming trip tuning in my head; that 22 hour flight seemed nothing short of a few inflight movies and a quick nap... definitely the naive thoughts of a first time, international, solo, traveller.

Now after returning back home to full time work, I am fighting what seems to be the end of my post holiday blues with way too many online shopping carts and trip advisor tabs. 



With all this in mind I have decided that before I empty what very little is left in my bank account; I will dedicate each night of this week to blogging about my Greek Island Hopping Contiki adventures (rather than spamming my friends on the gram).

Even after recent devastations, Greece certainly did not disappoint in providing me with my most spectacular trip thus far. For anyone wishing to follow suit and explore Greece's stunning panoramic views, or for those quite literally wanting to lose themselves in the mazes of Greece's nightlife; I strongly recommend you jump onto Webjet pronto... 

...in the meantime here's a sneak peak of the week to come.


Enjoy, 

P x


Ios - Far Out Spa Resort: our previous triple-share room misfortunes were redeemed when we landed this little piece of heaven.

Ios - Far Our Spa Resort: road beginning the dangerously short stagger to the mazes of Ios nightlife.
Athens - The Numbers Stadium: note - just because you want to show off your new Nike runners in Greece's sweatshop heat, doesn't necessarily mean you should.
Athens - The Acropolis: will not be fully restored until 2030.
Santorini - Oia: aka the only place to experience the world famous Santorini sunset.
Mykonos - Aphrodite Beach Hotel: mountainous ranges, more commonly known as 'The Breasts of Aphrodite'.
Santorini - Oia: contiki family (left to right: scotty, jess, teddy, steph and myself).
Santorini - Oia
Santorini - Oia
Santorini - Oia: scotty the BFG


No comments:

Post a Comment